Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions you may have.
The 8.8kW Fast Charging kit is designed to support charging of Zero motorcycles (model year 2014-2017) at up to 8kW DC (8.8kW AC).
Default 15A AC charging power for USA = 6.6kW, Europe = 6.9kW and Australia = 7.2kW.
The charging kit is fully built and just requires the purchase of two suitable AC power supply cables with C19 plug for your country. The cables and circuit/s that they are plugged into needs to be rated at or above the AC input current limit for the charging kit.
- AC input voltage = 85-300V
- Default AC current = 2 x 15A
- Maximum AC current = 2 x 19A @ 240V
- Maximum AC current = 2 x 24A @ <176V
- Standard DC output (one module) = 3.4kW (using 15A @ 240V AC)
- Maximum DC output (one module) = 4kW (using 18.5A @ 240V AC)
- Standard DC output (both modules) = 6.8kW (using 2 x 15A @ 240V AC)
- Maximum DC output (both modules) = 8kW (using 2 x 18.5A @ 240V AC)
- AC input socket = 2 x IEC C20
- DC output socket = 2 x Anderson SB50
- Dimensions = 29cm x 18cm x 10cm (excl. cable glands and cables)
- Weight = 6kg
Charging time from empty with onboard (useable 10kWh capacity) = ~ 1 hour
The kit comes with a one year warranty on components and workmanship.
- 4 x Emerson R48-2000e3 rectifiers
- 2 x Custom PCB that connects the two rectifiers in series
- Phoenix Contact AC and DC connectors
- Turnigy AWG 10 DC cables
- Turnigy AWG 14 AC cables
- IEC C20 AC input cables
- 2 x Anderson SB50 DC connectors
- Anderson SB120 DC connectors
- Anderson SBS75X connector and handle
- 1m x 16mm2 DC cable
- Black powdercoated aluminium case inc stainless steel back cover
Important Note: these chargers are fan cooled and are not water or dust/dirt proof. We apply a conformal coating to the chargers that provides improved protection in high humidity environments. However, they need to be protected from the elements whether on the bike (weather proof panniers, top box or backpack) or off (undercover when wet and away from mud, sand etc).
We do not recommend fitting the charging kit directly to the motorcycle as that would expose the charging kit to water and dust/dirt and we will not warranty kits that have been fitted to the motorcycle.
Compliance Note: While the rectifiers and other components have electrical compliance including CE marking, UL 60950-1, EN 60950-1 and IEC 60950 the charging kit as a whole does not have its own electrical compliance. By purchasing the charging kit you understand and acknowledge the product’s compliance status.